Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Company Research Essay
Reminder: Company Research Essay should be turned in before July 25, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Students2Work Close Out Breakfast
July 26, 2019, 2019
Location: First Baptist Church of Augusta, 3500 Walton Way Ext., Augusta, GA
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Drug screens and background checks are completed and students will be notified by their school counselor if they will be officially participating in the summer internship.
Upcoming Dates if selected:
Mandatory Soft Skills Training- June 3rd-7th at Richmond County Technical Career Magnet School 3200B Augusta Tech Dr.
Match Day is the first day of soft skills on June 3rd Please report by 8:30am. You will be paired and have lunch with summer employer.
You will receive (2) Business Shirts on Match Day so please wear casual bottoms (Khaki’s, Black slacks, no jeans) and casual shoes (no tennis shoes).
The remainder of the week June 4th-7th will be soft skills training at RCTCM from 9:00-4:00pm please wear business casual attire (no jeans, tights, shorts, sweats, tennis shoes). Lunch and snacks will be provided.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Now that you’ve applied for a summer internship with Students2Work, what’s next?
- If you’re selected as a potential candidate after your application is reviewed, you will proceed to the interview process. All applications will be reviewed in March 2019.
- Make sure your parent/guardian attends the Parent Engagement Night at Augusta Technical College on Thursday, March 7, 2019 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. An overview of the Students2Work initiative will be provided. Information will also be shared about Financial Aid. Refreshments will be provided.
- Interviews will be held late March 25-29, 2019. An interview ticket will be provided for you. If you’re a successful candidate, the next step is a background check and drug screen which will take place in mid-April 2019.
- You MUST have a state issued ID or driver’s license by April 15, 2019.
- You will find out if you are selected as a final candidate in May 2019.
- Soft Skills Training will be held at Richmond Co. Technical Career Magnet on June 3-7, 2019 from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. THIS PAID TRAINING IS MANDATORY. Lunch will be provided.
- A Match Party will be held on Monday, June 3, 2019 at Richmond County Technical Career Magnet School. You will meet and have lunch with your supervisor. THIS EVENT IS MANDATORY.
- The last day of the program is Friday, July 26, 2019.
Updates will be posted on the website at www.students2work.org . Please check it every Tuesday and Thursday. Your school counselor will also receive the notifications and updates.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- The student application will close on February 28, 2019.
- PARENT NIGHT will be March 7, 2019 at Augusta Technical College, please refer to the flyer here for more details.
- All students that have applied will need their picture ID’s and social security cards before March 20, 2019.
- If selected to participate, students will receive a letter along with interview information around mid-March.
Friday, January 18, 2019
- Submit the completed FERPA form, your Driver’s License OR state issued ID, and your SS card to your school counselor to get your student ID number activated.
- Visit www.students2work.org to complete an application. The student ID number is required to complete the application. Applications are available until February 8, 2019.
Monday, January 7, 2019
Student Applications are now open!!
Steps to complete the student application.
- Obtain a copy of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) form from your guidance counselor. Complete and sign it. This form allows the interview team to view your student data. IF YOU’RE UNDER AGE 18, A PARENT/GUARDIAN’S SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.
- Submit the completed FERPA form, your Driver’s License OR state issued ID, and your SS card to your school counselor to receive a FERPA code.
- Visit www.students2work.org to complete an application. A FERPA code and student ID number are required to complete the application. Applications are available until February 8, 2019.